Thursday 8 November 2012

Invitation to Preliminary Assessment..

 So here I am, starting to blog about a journey which I never even imagined I would have the opportunity to do... It all started with an online application to Emirates Cabin Crew at the beginning of September and after waiting a couple of weeks, I received an email inviting me to a preliminary assessment day to be held at The Crowne Plaza Hotel, London on the 2nd of October. I want to go into detail about the assessment day because i know when i was applying i was up for hours searching the internet for blogs and advice so i could do my best! So here goes.....Dress code was as follows: 

"Dress Code: Business Attire. Ladies - Knee length skirt / dress with skin colour stockings. Please tie your hair neatly behind."

So i wore a Versace for H&M black fitted dress with a Zara black blazer and an Issa silk scarf tied round my neck. I also tied my hair in a neat bun, painted my nails red with a little gold detail (i have a bit of a thing for nail art..) and wore the classic Emirates red lipstick which i would recommend to all future applicants! When i got to the assessment day i couldn't believe how many beautiful pristine girls there were in one room, and i felt a bit silly for going out the night before and probably not looking my best!! Anyway, we all waited in the foyer and once called in the the conference suite we were given a little form to fill out with our number for the day. We then were introduced to the company, asked as a group a few questions and then watched videos on Emirates and life in Dubai!!! After that we all sat in awe and excitement...REALLY want the job now!! We were then split up into groups to carry out the next tasks, luckily i was second so i had time to get a well needed coffee! 


The next section of the day we had to do a reach test and team exercises which was nothing to worry about you just need to be confident and friendly! And remember to always smile!! After this we were sent out the room and it was a bit of a nerve racking time whilst we waited to see if we got through to the next stage of the assessment day! Luckily i did HOORAY! After another coffee break we did further team and role play exercises and speaking individually to the group whilst constantly being watched by the recruitment co-ordinators (who i must mention were really lovely and friendly). Once again we were asked to leave the room so they could make their decision about who gets through to final interview stage. This bit was so awful such a roller coaster of emotions just sat anxiously waiting out our fate!!!! But then we were called back in and i got through to final interview!! WOOHOOO! We were given our FI dates which were only a few days later at the London headquarters and given forms to fill out and photographs to bring with us to the next interview! AHH it was all very exciting and i was just so pleased to get through to final interview!

7 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I don't even know ur name but Belén, I suppose u know her :P, suggested me to follow ur blog to know about Emirates in detail and so, here I am, reading ur blog form the very beginning( I guess) and I already know I will love it a lot :) I'll be one of ur collegues very soon, in April, and I'm simply excited reading about what I've also lived during the same period... I just wanna thank you for letting me be updated :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Manuela! Ive just seen this comment!! yes i know belen she told me about you the other day and she said she told you about my blog!!! so glad you like it!! :D xx

      Delete
  2. Hi, I have got to go on a preliminary assesment day.
    They did not told me to bring photos and passport, do I have to?
    Which color of dress do you suggest me to wear?

    Is it okay If I wear a tallieur?

    Thanks,
    Nunzia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Nunzia! No for the preliminary assessment day i didn't have to take photos or passport, these are needed when you go through to final interview. I'd suggest for the assessment day wear a skirt suit or business dress with a blazer and skin coloured tights. Wear your hair in a low tidy bun (as this is what emirates girls wear) and maybe red lipstick if you want to look the part! Also make sure you wear a big friendly smile for the entire day! :D good luck!

      Delete
  3. Thank you very much, so I do not have to bring my cv either?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really can't belive your experience, I have seen all the blog, lucky you!!
    I hope to have the chance to go on an interview, and hope that my English is going to be okay. I also speck Italian, French and Spanish languages and as you I really need a change in my sad life ( my boyfriend passed the way in a car accident so..) hope to get something good in my life ..

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I have just been invited for a preliminary assessment. Can you please tell me how long it took for the whole session? I was invited for the 9.30AM session, and I'm having my final exam at 14.30 on the same day :( Do you think I can still make it??

    Thanks x

    ReplyDelete