Thursday 6 December 2012

My fashion degree came in handy for something...

On the very first flight to Dubai it specifies "a groomed, clean, tidy and smart appearance is necessary while travelling. Denims are not allowed" So, bearing this in mind I have been a very busy bee and put my fashion skills to work and made a dress to wear on the plane! The dress is nothing fancy but it will be smart and comfy enough for the seven hour flight and its always nice to wear something you've made entirely from scratch! 


 Pattern cutting the dress! Had this fabric for ages so I'm glad it went to good use! Its like a thick jersey.


Half finished! Checking the fit on the mannequin..


Voila! Dress complete :) What do you think?!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT !
    I have decided you and me need to become friends - and then you can put some proper use to your fashion skills:) Just kiddin' ! About the fashion part not the friends part... Ok - I don't know where I was going with this comment and now it's become weird so I will just end it :)
    I guess I will see you in DXB?:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooh thanks so much!! :D I'm sure we will become friends!! What is your DOJ? Mine is 11th Jan!! I can't wait! Its not long now!!!! Also, i wanna follow your blog but i don't know how to do it! Any ideas? xxx

      Delete
  2. Hiya ! I am not sure but I think you need to have a blog on wordpress to be able to follow me !

    ReplyDelete
  3. "...and made a dress to wear on the plane!"

    that was awesome to read! so jealous! i wish i could do myself something to wear as well! haha

    ReplyDelete