Tuesday 19 February 2013

GMT

Little bit delayed with my posts sorry guys i'm too busy having an amazing time!!! The weekends are far to short!! Anyway last week I had Group Medical Training, really enjoyed learning about different medical emergencies and the week went so quickly. Part of the medical training we learnt how to diagnose a casualty from knowing certain signs and symptoms and what they mean, perform CPR, Deliver a baby (and the placenta), inject a casualty with an Epipen when having an anaphylactic reaction, dealing with a choking passenger, understanding different types of bleeding and what to do in these situations, how to bandage wounds, fractures, breaks the list goes on....!! The final theory exam for GMT was fine, i didn't find it hard or have to revise much (especially compared to SEP) it was just a case of learning a lot of medical terminology and what each medication is used for. Also locations of each medication/equipment on the aircraft! A little confusing but its just something you have to learn and know by heart so that in a medical emergency you can act fast and efficiently!


 CPR

My bandaging skills for a open fracture/ wound with object lodged! 

"Chokey Charlie" the practice mannequin for chest thrusts when a casualty is choking


Performing chest compressions in CPR

2 comments:

  1. Hello! My name is Catia and I'm writting you from Lisbon, Portugal. :)
    First of all, let me say I found your blog very interesting and thanks for sharing your experience with us!
    I hope I can meet you soon in person, as I had my Final Interview last week and I'm now waiting for my Golden Call! (crossing my fingers) :P
    So I would like to ask you how was your FI? Did you had any sign or hint from the recruiter on the way it was going? Were you nervous?
    Because I was a little bit (in a good way) and I think my English wasn't as fluent as it usually is. However, I was able to answer all the questions without having to think too much and I was trully myself.
    Well lets see what it comes for me... :)

    Thanks in advance and wish you all the luck with your trainning! Xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Catia! So nice to hear that you like my blog! And congrats for getting to final interview stage! Fingers crossed you get your golden call soon!
      Ok so to answer your questions, after my FI I had no idea how the interview went. The recruiter gave nothing away i just answered all her questions to the best i could and then it was just a waiting game! I think you sound positive after your interview so thats good and i wish you the best of luck! Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for your golden call!! :)

      Delete