Saturday 2 February 2013

SEP Training

SEP Training stands for Safety and Emergency procedures. It is a two week intense training course to provide us with the knowledge and skills so that we can "fly safe" and know what to do in case of an emergency. So far I am half way through my SEP training and later today i have my final exam on the airbus A380 then I will move immediately onto the Boeing 777!!! SEP training hasn't been as hard as i thought it would be...I heard a lot of rumours that it was scarily hard and that revision and home work would consume you. Yes, it is a lot of work and a lot of new information to take on everyday, but it is really interesting and if you listen well in class and take good notes, revision won't take up all of your time!! Maybe just most of it!! I still had time to go to the pool (when the weathers been good...it rained yesterday can you believe it?!!), I caught the end of the Dubai shopping festival and I went out twice this weekend!! So its all good. Fingers crossed for this exam later i guess!! Ha!
Anyway I thought i would share with you the SEP assessment process....It is divided into three stages, Stage 1 - Practical assessment, Stage 2 - Theoretical assessment (aircraft type specific) and Stage 3 - Theoretical assessment (aircraft type specific)

The two weeks of SEP are as follows:

Practical Simulator Training
Day 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 = Stage 1 (Practical Exam every day)

General Safety Exam
Pass mark 80%
Day 6

Theoretical Based Training
Day 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 = Stage 2

1st ATR Exam (for me this will be B777 as I started with A380)
Day 9 = Stage 2
Pass mark 80%

2nd ATR Exam (B777)
Day 13 = Stage 3
Pass mark 80%


Putting on our jumpsuits for the practical simulators!


A380 Simulator and freezing pool i will be getting into on Thursday AHH!!


Full face of make up for work!!! MWAH <3


1 comment:

  1. Hi Tia :) I'm from Sydney Australia, names Katherine and I absolutely LOVE your blog. It's so detailed-updated yet straight to the point and fun to read. I've applied 4 times so hopefully I will get to live this dream soon. Thank you for sharing :) Do you have facebook/instagram? Kat xx

    ReplyDelete