Tuesday 29 January 2013

Week One with Emirates

I am a little behind with this blog so i do apologise! I am actually in my third week here but I'll go back to the beginning for you all! Ok so after arriving in Dubai and having my first night in my new room I had arranged to meet up with some friends that i had met through the Facebook group who were also new joiners like me. We had a lovely day exploring the Twenty-First Century Tower's pool (this is where my friends live), had lunch at Starbucks on Sheikh Zayed Road and then ended the day doing a shop at the Dubai mall and went to see the glorious fountain display! It was such a great day, everything so new an exciting!



Day 1
Anyway back to Emirates, the first induction day is always on the Sunday after you arrive, dress code is formal attire and pick up from everyones building is at 6.30 so nice and early start! In the induction we go over a little bit about HR recruitment administration, so we submit all our medical information that was required before we came to dubai so vaccination information, dental certificates (the dental OPG x-ray was NOT required so don't bother getting it done in your home country....i'm glad i didn't it saved me a lot of money!) and we also submit the original of the medical forms we submitted to Emirates prior to coming to Dubai along with 2 passport photos i believe.



Day 2 / Day 3
This is the first day you will go to Emirates Headquarters (EGHQ) and you begin your clinic registration, government medicals (chest x-ray, urine sample drug test and HIV blood test) and Haemoglobin blood test. You will also have your ID photo taken so you get to try the uniform shirt and jacket for the first time! Also these ID photos last for 3 years so make sure you look nice as you're stuck with them!! And finally we are distributed with our manuals.



Day 4 / 5
We are now split into our different batches who we will be training with for the next 7 weeks. These two days are just corporate inductions, team building and interpersonal skills and IT lessons and also E-learning sessions (online tests which we have to complete 80% pass mark) from home.

Its the weekend! Finally!! Weekends in dubai are Friday/Saturday. Went out on Thursday night to my favourite place in Dubai - Barasti Beach Club. Its a nightclub at night with a dj set so you can dance in the sand and by day its an awesome beach with huge lounge beds and music playing throughout the day. Also really nice cocktails!



Day 6 (saturday morning)
6.30 pick up to visit the Jumeirah Mosque. All visitors to wear long sleeves, and full length skirts/trousers. We were also provided with scarves to wear on our heads inside the mosque (females only).
After the mosque visit we are free to carry on our weekend, so the girls and I came prepared with bikinis and towels and headed straight to Barasti Beach for the most amazing day of tanning!


Day 7 / Day 8
Further HR talks, Fire talk, accommodation talk, E-learning sessions and welcome to Training!


Day 9
Begin SEP training!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to go after reading your blog. I'll be joining July 5th :-D!

    Xoxo Kim
    Learntheheartway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how exciting! not long to wait now!!! :)

      Delete
  3. I am Mariam used every single spell worker on the internet, spent untold amounts of money and discovered they are all fakes...i was the fool though; doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. In the end, I decided that I wanted a tarot reading to know what my future held for me; I contacted a woman who lives locally to me and she told me about a man named (Priests Abija); he does not advertise on the internet, has another job for income, has no set prices, makes no false promises and refuses to help anyone that cannot be helped and even helps for free sometimes, he will give you proof before taking money. He is a wonderful man and he was the only person who actually gave me real results. I really hope he doesn't mind me advertising his contact on the internet but I'm sure any help/ extra work will benefit him.contact him here as +447053820826 or spirituallighthealing101@live.com He travel sometimes.i cant give out his number cos he told me he don’t want to be disturbed by many people across the world..he said his email is okay and he’ will replied to any emails asap,love marriage,finance, job promotion ,lottery Voodoo,poker voodoo,golf Voodoo,Law & Court case Spells,money voodoo,weigh loss voodoo,any sicknesses voodoo,Trouble in marriage,HIV AIDS,it's all he does Hope this helps everyone that is in a desperate situation as I once was; I know how it feels to hold onto something and never have a chance to move on because of the false promises and then to feel trapped in wanting something
    more.

    ReplyDelete